- The sound caused by the discharge of atmospheric electrical charge.
- Thunder is preceded by lightning.''
- A sound resembling thunder.
- A deep, rumble, rumbling noise.
- Off in the distance, he heard the of hoofbeats, signalling a stampede.
- Dutch: donder
- French: tonnerre
- German: Donner
- Italian: tuono
- Spanish: trueno
- (context, intransitive) To make a noise like thunder.
- (context, intransitive) To talk with a loud, threatening voice.
- (context, transitive) To say (something) with a loud, threatening voice.
Etymology: (term, íunor). Compare Persian (fa-Arab, Ù) (tondar).
- Dutch: overdonderen
- French: déblatérer
- German: donnern
- Italian: tuonare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for thunder for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.