- One who sweeps floors or chimneys
- A detector (for mines)
- A small, tropical marine perciform fish of the family Pempheridae, typically with deeply keeled, compressed bodies and large eyes.
- (football) A defender who is the last line of defence before the goalkeeper
- (curling) A person who sweeps the ice ahead of the rock in play.
- (cricket) A batsman who plays sweep shots
- (cricket) A fielding position along the boundary; a fielder in this position
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sweeper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.