Translations: verb (swat, t, ing)
- a hard stroke, hit or blow, e.g., as part of a spanking.
- the exchange, in turns, of swats, usually with a paddle and o the (sometimes bared) buttocks, either as a macho dare or imposed as a 'self-inflicted' corporal punishment or as part of a fraternity-type hazing.
- (transitive or intransitive) to beat off, as insects; to bat, strike, or hit.
- He swatted the mosquito that was buzzing around in his bedroom.
- The cat swatted at the feather.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for swat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.