- (context, UK): Anything, such as a fence or border that surrounds something.
- (transitive) To encircle or simultaneously extend on all sides of something.
Translations: Etymology: From soronder, from superundare (superLatin, super + undare).
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 230c.
- : and this way they get rid of those grand and stubborn opinions that them.
- (transitive) To enclose or confine something on all sides so as to prevent escape.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for surround for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.