Translations: Etymology: From surgerie, contracted form of cirurgie, from chirurgia, from Ancient Greek (polytonic, ), from (polytonic, ) "hand" + (polytonic, ) "work".
- (medicine) A procedure involving major incisions to remove, repair, or replace a part of a body.
- Many times is necessary to prevent cancer from spreading.
- An room or department where surgery is performed.
- I would discuss hospital policy to you more, but I"m wanted in .
- A doctor's consulting room.
- I dropped in on the surgery as I was passing to pick up my prescription.
- Any arrangement where people arrive and wait for an interview with certain people, similar to a doctor's surgery.
- Our MP will be holding a surgery in the village hall on Tuesday.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for surgery for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.