- The part of the coast where waves break.
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : ...perhaps it was the look of the island, with its gray, melancholy woods, and wild stone spires, and the that we could both see and hear foaming and thundering on the steep beach...
verb (surf, ing)
- German: (t, de, Brandung, f)
- To ride a wave, usually on a surfboard.
- To browse the Internet.
Etymology: Maybe suffe, of uncertain origin.
- German: surfen(de)
- Italian: navigare(it)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for surf for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.