verb (sups, supping, supped)
- A sip; a small amount of food or drink.
- To sip; to take a small amount of food or drink into the mouth, especially with a spoon.
- To take supper.
- 1883: w:Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Louis Stevenson, w:Treasure Island, Treasure Island
- : ...I propose we should have up the cold pie, and let him .
- 1879: w:Bram Stoker, Bram Stoker, w:Dracula, Dracula
- : I pray you, be seated and how you please. You will, I trust, excuse me that I do not join you; but I have dined already, and I do not .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sup for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.