- Any plant of the genus Helianthus, so called probably from the form and color of its floral head, having the form of a large disk surrounded by yellow ray flowers; the commonly cultivated sunflower is Helianthus annuus, a native of America.
- (colour) a bright yellow, like that of the flower.
- <table><tr><td>sunflower colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- FFB324" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Dutch: zonnebloem(nl)f
- French: tournesol :fr:tournesol, +
- German: Sonnenblume(de)f
- Italian: girasole(it)m
- Spanish: girasol :es:girasol, +
- (colour) of a bright yellow, like that of the flower.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sunflower for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.