adjective (pos=sui generis, -)
- In a class of its own; one of a kind.
Etymology: Borrowed from .
- Anyone who considers the Femmes has never listened to the Velvets.
- we see him as he sees himself, surveying the invisible depths of ethical space, with all the distinction of a specialist in the . - "How To Do Things With Words" (1955), by J.L. Austin
- (context, rarer) By itself; of its own
- It is nothing to worry about , but in context of the other factors it's alarming indeed.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sui generis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.