noun (strat, a)
- One of several parallel horizontal layers of material arranged one on top of another
- (geology) A layer of sedimentary rock having approximately the same composition throughout
- Any of the regions of the atmosphere, such as the stratosphere, that occur as layers
- (biology) A layer of tissue
- A class of society composed of people with similar social, cultural, or economic status
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stratum for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.