- an English surname, a variant of Stewart
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Steward for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A person who manages the property or affairs for another entity.
- A ship's officer who is in charge of making dining arrangements and provisions.
- A flight attendant, especially but not exclusively a male flight attendant. Often as "air steward", "airline steward", etc.
- A union member who is selected as a representative for fellow workers in negotiating terms with management. syn: shop steward
- A person who has charge of buildings and/or grounds and/or animals. syn: custodian, keeper
- In IT, somebody who is responsible for managing a set of projects, products or technologies and how they affect the IT organization to which they belong.
Etymology: From stiward, stigweard
- Dutch: steward(nl)
- Spanish: spain azafato (male form of azafata), latin america mozo (short form of aeromozo])
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for steward for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.