Etymology: From "Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory"
- A solar observation mission, consisting of two identical spacecraft, that will provide stereoscopic imaging of the Sun
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for STEREO for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- A system of recording or reproducing sound that uses two channels, each playing a portion of the original sound in such a way as to create the illusion of locating the sound at a particular position, each offset from the other, thereby more accurately imitating the location of the original sound when the recorded or reproduced sound is heard.
- A device used for playing music, usually in the home, that reproduces sound using stereo.
Translations: adjective (no (compar) or (superl))
- He liked to listen to classical music on his .
Translations: (trans-top, of sound)
- Of sound, music, etc, recorded in stereo.
- Of a pair of images: one depicting the view as would be seen from one eye and the other from the other eye, so that when viewed appropriately, they combine to give an impression of three dimensions.
(trans-top, of a pair of images)
Etymology: Shortened form of stereophonic.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for stereo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.