- The castrated male of cattle, especially one raised for beef production.
- Dutch: os
- French: boeuf
- German: Ochse , Mastochse (one raised for beef)
- Italian: manzo
- Spanish: buey
- (intransitive) To guide the course of a vessel, vehicle, aircraft etc. (by means of a device such as a rudder, paddle, or steering-wheel).
- When planning the boat trip we had completely forgotten that we needed somebody to steer.
- (transitive) To guide the course of a vessel, vehicle, aircraft etc. (by means of a device such as a rudder, paddle, or steering-wheel).
- I find it very difficult to steer a skateboard.
- (transitive) To direct a group of animals.
- (transitive) To maneuver or manipulate a person or group into a place or course of action.
- Hume believes that principles of association steer the imagination of artists.
- (transitive) To direct a conversation.
- German: steuern
(trans-top, to direct a group of animals)
- Dutch: besturen
- Spanish: manejar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for steer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.