- A building occupied without permission, as practiced by a squatter.
- A position assumed by bending deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- (weightlifting): A specific exercise in weightlifting performed by bending deeply at the knees and then rising.
- Something of no value; nothing.
- He didn't do to help.
verb (squat, t, ed)
- Dutch: kraakpand
- French: squat
- German: besetztes Haus
- Italian: edificio occupato , casa occupata
- Spanish: edificio ocupado, okupa
- To bend deeply at the knees while resting on one's feet.
- To occupy without permission.
- French: s'accroupir
- German: besetzen
- Italian: occupare, occupare abusivamente
- Spanish: okupar (sic)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for squat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.