verb (spotlights, spotlighting, spotlighted or spotlit)
- a bright, directional light or lamp, especially one used to illuminate the focus or center of attention on a stage
- the circle of light shed by a spotlight
- the center of attention; the highlight or most important part
- Some people enjoy the spotlight.
Etymology: spot + light
- To illuminate with a spotlight.
- We the star, but the supporting cast has all the great lines in this scene.
- To draw attention to.
- The news series served to corruption.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spotlight for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.