noun (plural only; not used in singular form)
- That which is taken from another by violence; especially, the plunder taken from an enemy; pillage; booty.
- "Gentle gales, Fanning their odoriferous wings, dispense Native perfumes, and whisper whence they stole Those balmy spoils." —Milton.
- Public offices and their benefits regarded as the peculiar property of a successful party or faction, to be bestowed for its own advantage; -- commonly in the plural; as
- to the victor belong the spoils
- (third-person singular of, spoil)
- Milk when left out too long.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spoils for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.