- The sharp, atonal sound of a liquid or soft solid hitting a solid surface.
- I didn't see the egg fall, but I heard the splat when it hit the floor.
- The irregular shape of a viscous liquid or soft solid which has hit a solid surface.
- The canvas was covered by seemingly careless splats of paint.
- The cmd key on an Apple Macintosh ®.
- Various characters appearing in computer character sets, particularly <nowiki>
verb (splat, t, ed)
- </nowiki> and <nowiki>
- To hit a flat surface and deform into an irregular shape.
- The egg splatted onto the floor.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for splat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.