- ill-will, Ill-will or hatred toward another, accompanied with the disposition to irritate, annoy, or thwart; a desire to vex or injure; petty malice; grudge; rancor.
- He was so filled with for his ex-wife, he could not hold down a job.
- vexation, Vexation; chagrin; mortification.
verb (spit, ing)
- French: dépit
- Spanish: despecho
(trans-top, vexation, chagrin, mortification)
- (transitive) (obsolete) To be angry at; to hate.
- (transitive) To treat maliciously; to try to injure or thwart.
- ''She soon married again, to her ex-husband."
- (transitive) To fill with spite; to offend; to vex.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spite for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.