- The house sparrow, Passer domesticus; a small bird with a short bill, and brown, white and gray feathers.
- A member of the family Passeridae, comprised of small Old World song birds.
- A member of the family Emberizidae, comprised of small New World song birds.
- Generically, any small, nondescript bird.
- Dutch: mus , huismus
- French: moineau
- German: Spatz(de, Sperling, m, t+, de)m
- Italian: passero(it)m
- Spanish: gorrión
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sparrow for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.