noun (uncountable; an individual strand is called a piece of spaghetti or a strand of spaghetti, or rarely spaghetto, derived from the Italian form)
- A type of pasta made in the shape of long thin strings.
- (in singular: strand of spaghetti) an individual piece of spaghetti
- A dish that has spaghetti as a main part of it, such as spaghetti bolognese.
- Informally, any type of pasta.
- Electrical insulating tubing.
- Anything tangled or confusing.
- A short form of spaghetti code.
Etymology: Italian (see Italian etymology below)
- French: gaine
- German: Isolationsschlauch
- Italian: spaghetti
- Spanish: espagueti
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for spaghetti for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.