- a kind of plant with acidic leaves, especially Rumex acetosa, sometimes used as a salad vegetable
- (colour) a brown colour, with a tint of red.
- <table><tr><td>sorrel colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 8F7763" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- Italian: acetosa
Translations: Etymology: From Old French sorele, from sur, from Germanic.
- (colour) of a brown colour, with a tint of red.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sorrel for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.