- an important person; a somebody
- He looks a behind that big desk.
- (in combination) someone in a specified range of ages
- He must be fifty.
- Applied to an action whose name is forgotten by, unknown or unimportant to the user, e.g. from words of a song.
- somewhat; to a degree
- the baby looks like his father.
- an unspecified object
- I must have forgotten to pack , but I can't think of what.
- an event that breaks up a period of calm
- Isn't meant to happen?
- someone or something that has a quality to a moderate degree
- The performance was of a disappointment.
- a talent that is hard to pin down
- You've got .
- somebody or something who is (superl) in some way
- You're really !
Etymology: Compound of some + thing.
- Dutch: iets
- French: quelque chose
- German: etwas
- Italian: qualcosa
- Spanish: algo, alguna cosa
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for something for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.