- One who lives alone, or in solitude; an anchoret; a hermit; a recluse.
- Living or being by one's self; having no companion present; being without associates; single; alone; lonely.
- Performed, passed, or endured alone; as, a solitary journey; a solitary life.
- Not much visited or frequented; remote from society; retired; lonely; as, a solitary residence or place.
- Not inhabited or occupied; without signs of inhabitants or occupation; desolate; deserted; silent; still; hence, gloomy; dismal; as, the solitary desert.
- Single; individual; sole; as, a solitary instance of vengeance; a solitary example.
- Not associated with others of the same kind.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for solitary for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.