- Disposed to solicit; eager to obtain something desirable, or to avoid anything evil; concerned; anxious; careful.
Etymology: From sollicitus, solicitus. See solicit.
- Solicitous of my reputation. -Dryden.
- He was for his advice. -Calerendon.
- Enjoy the present, whatsoever it be, and be not about the future. -Jer. Taylor.
- The colonel had been intent upon other things, and not enough to finish the fortifications. -Clarendon.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for solicitous for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.