proper noun the solar, Solar system, System
- The Sun and all the heavenly body, heavenly bodies that orbit around it, including the eight planets, their moons, the asteroids and comets.
- From solaris "sunny" and (systima) "organized whole, body"
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Solar System for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
noun (plural solar systems)
- The Solar System; the Sun and all the objects in orbit around it.
- Any collection of heavenly bodies including a star or binary star, and any lighter stars, brown dwarfs, planets, and other objects in orbit.
- Dutch: zonnestelsel
- French: système solaire
- German: Sonnensystem(de)n
- Italian: sistema solare
- Spanish: sistema solar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for solar system for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.