noun (countable or uncountable)
- (regional in US) Any of several sweetened, carbonated beverages.
- On a hot day, there's nothing I like more than soda pop.
- Could you bring me a soda pop? I'm parched!
- In the Midwest, soda pop is abbreviated to pop, such as Do you have any pop?
- Further, in the Midwest, soda means an ice cream soda (pop with ice cream), such as I think I will have a root beer soda. (vanilla ice cream in root beer pop).
- On the east and west coasts, soda pop is abbreviated to soda, such as "May I have a soda?"
- Dutch: frisdrank
- German: Erfrischungsgetrí¤nk
- Spanish: refresco, gaseosa, bebida, fresco
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for soda pop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.