noun (plural: snatches)
- A quick grab or catch.
Translations: verb (snat, ch, es)
- The leftfielder makes a nice to end the inning.
- (weightlifting) A competitive weightlifting event in which a barbell is lifted from the platform to locked arms overhead in a smooth continuous movement.
- (vulgar, slang) vagina, cunt, twat.
- To grasp and remove quickly; to steal.
- Someone has just snatched my purse!
- Dutch: afpakken, wegpikken, graaien, weggraaien
- French: attraper rapidement
- German: klauen, stehlen
- Spanish: raptar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for snatch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.