noun (wikipedia, Slope, Slope (mathematics))
- An area of ground that tends evenly upward or downward.
- I had to climb a small to get to the site.
- The degree to which a surface tends upward or downward.
- The road has a very sharp downward at that point.
- (mathematics) The ratio of the vertical and horizontal distances between two points on a line; zero if the line is horizontal, infinite if it is vertical.
- The of this line is 0.5
- (mathematics) The slope of the line tangent to a curve at a given point.
- The of a parabola increases linearly with x.
- (vulgar, highly offensive) A person of Chinese or other East Asian descent.
- French: dérivée première
- German: Steigung }
- Italian: muso giallo
- Spanish: pendiente , cuesta
- Dutch: richtingscoí«fficient
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for slope for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.