noun (wikipedia, Sitter, Sitter (football))
- Someone who sits e.g. for a portrait
- One employed to watch or tend something; the general form of babysitter, housesitter, petsitter, etc.
Etymology: (-er, sit)
- It's always such a pain to get a on short notice.
- A broody hen
- (football) A really easy scoring chance.
- How could he miss that? It was an absolute sitter!
- (context, snooker) A ball that is in the jaws of a pocket.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sitter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.