- (baseball) The upward motion of the ball which has bounced just before it reaches a fielder.
- The left fielder got the ball on the and fired it to second, nailing the runner.
- The upward motion of a pass which has bounced just before it arrives at the receiver
- The replay shows that the receiver actually caught the pass on the .
- (sports) The upward motion of a ball which has bounced just before it arrives at a player
- The striker played the long pass from the mid-fielder on the .
- (metaphorical) When a event is observed just after the moment when a response would have been easy
- I was assigned the Jones account on the after our competitors had already won the contract; there was still some hope that it could be turned around.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for short hop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.