- the land on or near a waterline such as a sea or lake
- the land
- The seamen were serving on instead of in ships.
- a prop or strut supporting the weight or flooring above it
- The shores stayed upright during the earthquake.
- Dutch: kust
- French: bord , rive
- German: Ufer
verb (shor, ing)
- Hungarian: part
- Hungarian, part
- Italian: riva
- Spanish: costa , orilla
- To provide support in some way
- My family shored me up after I failed the GED.
- The workers were shoring up the dock after it fell into the water.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shore for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.