- (context, vulgar, colloquial) An outside toilet, an outhouse.
- (context, UK, vulgar, metonymy, pejorative) One who is afraid of a certain challenge or scared.
- Dutch: schijthuis(je) , secreet
- German: Scheisshaus, Plumpsklo
- (context, Australian, vulgar, colloquial) Of poor quality.
Etymology: (term, shit, to shit) (from (term, scitan), from root
- Dutch: schijt-, stront-
- French: - de merde
- German: Scheiss-
- (term, , skit-), ultimately from (PIE.) root
- (term, , skheid-, split, separate from the body), analogous to excrement) + (term, house, , construction)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shithouse for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.