verb (shackling, shackled, shackled)
- A restraint fit over an appendage, such as a wrist, ankle or finger. Usually used in plural, to indicate a pair joined by a chain.
- A U-shaped piece of metal secured with a pin or bolt across the opening, or a hinged metal loop secured with a quick-release locking pin mechanism.
- To restrain using shackles; to place in shackles.
- By extension, to render immobile or incapable; to inhibit the progress or abilities of someone or something.
- This law would effectively its opposition.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for shackle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.