- (archaic) The cuttlefish.
- A dark brown pigment made from the secretions of the cuttlefish.
- (colour) A dark, slightly reddish, brown color, colour.
- <table><tr><td>sepia colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 3B3121" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- A sepia-coloured drawing or photograph.
Translations: Etymology: From Latin, sepia, from Ancient Greek (polytonic, ) "cuttlefish".
- (colour) Of a dark reddish-brown colour.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for sepia for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.