- In grammar, the form of a verb used when the subject of a sentence is the audience. In English, the second person is used with the pronouns thou and you. In many languages the singular, applying to one person, and plural, applying to several people, are distinct.
- "Are" is the second person of "to be"
- "amas" is the second person singular of the Spanish verb "amar"
- "amais" is the second person plural of the Spanish verb "amar"
- A form of narrative writing using verbs in the second person in order to give the impression that the action is happening to the reader.
- Dutch: tweede persoon
- German: zweite Person
- Italian: seconda persona
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for second person for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.