- Contempt or disdain towards a despicable or unworthy person
- Dutch: minachting , verachting
- French: mépris , dédain
- German: Verachtung
- Italian: disprezzo
- Spanish: desprecio , despreciar, desdén , desdeí±ar
- To feel contempt or disdain for something or somebody; to despise.
- To scoff, express contempt
- To reject, turn down
- She scorned his romantic advances.
Etymology: Alteration of escarn (cognate with Spanish escarnio and Italian scherno).
- Dutch: minachten, verachten
- French: mépriser
- German: verschmí¤hen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for scorn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.