- (archaic) (third-person singular of, say, lang=English)
Etymology: sígí, síÄí.
- 1611, The Bible, Authorized Version, Exodus 8.i
- :And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
- 1621, Robert Burton, The Anatomy of Melancholy, B. Blake (1836), page 663
- :In this life we have but a glimpse of this beauty and happiness; we shall hereafter, as John , see him as he is
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for saith for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.