noun (safet, ies, -)
- The condition or feeling of being safe; security; certainty.
Etymology: From sauvete < salvetet from salvitatem, from salvus.
- If you push it to the limit, is not guaranteed.
- A mechanism on a weapon or dangerous equipment designed to prevent accidental use
- Be sure that the is set before proceeding.
- When a player is either tackled in or loses the ball out of his team's own end zone resulting in two points for the opposite team
- ''He sacked the quarterback in the end zone for a .
- The defensive players who are in position furthest from the line of scrimmage and whose responsibility is to defend against passes as well as to be the tacklers of last resort
- The free made a game-saving tackle on the runner who had broken past the linebackers.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for safety for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.