- The deteriorated state of iron or steel as a result of moisture and oxidation.
- (colour) A reddish-brown color.
- <table><tr><td>rust colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 80461B" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- A disease of plants caused by a reddish-brown fungus.
- Dutch: roestbruin
- French: rouille
- German: …Rost singulare tantum (seldom used as a generalized term), Rostpilz , …Tau singulare tantum (hardly used as a generalized term)
- Italian: colore ruggine
- Spanish: roya
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rust for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.