- A piece of rubber or similar material with a design or text carved or molded for the purpose of transferring ink or dye to imprint that design on another object.
Translations: verb (inf=to rubber stamp)
- The library had a to imprint the due date.
- (figurative) When used attributively with another noun: Approving or deciding matters routinely or powerlessly rather than through careful consideration; as, rubberstamp politics.
- (colloquial) to process, approve or decide matters routinely rather than through careful consideration
Etymology: From rubber + stamp
- They usually just orders under $100.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rubber stamp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.