noun (royalt, ies)
- a monarchs or other people of royal rank, plus their families, treated as a group
- the rank, status, power or authority of a monarch
- a royal right or prerogative, such as the exploitation of a natural resource; the granting of such a right; payment received for such a right
- (context, by extension) payment made to a writer, composer, inventor etc for the sale or use of intellectual property, invention etc.
- (context, poker, slang) A king and a queen as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for royalty for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.