- A large inscribed stone found near Rosetta, Egypt, in 1799; later used as a basis for understanding many previously undecipherable examples of hieroglyphic writing.
- (italbrac, hence) Any source of information crucial to interpreting.
- My friend"s careful notebook was the that opened understanding of the physics lectures.
- Dutch: Steen van Rosette
- French: Pierre de Rosette
- German: Stein von Rosette
- Italian: Stele di Rosetta
- Spanish: Piedra de Rosetta
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Rosetta Stone for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.