noun (wikipedia, Rollback (disambiguation), Rollback)
- A return to a prior state.
- A withdrawal of military forces.
- (computing) An operation which returns a database, or group of records in a database, to a previous state (normally to the previous commit point).
- An event caused by a roller coaster failing to reach the top of a hill.
- To return something to a prior state.
- To abandon a plan: NASA will rollback the shuttle launch due to bad weather.
- To force the abandonment of an intention, position, or state of affairs.
Etymology: roll + back
- To retreat.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rollback for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.