- (given name, male), diminutive of the male given name Robert.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Rob for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
verb (rob, b, ing)
- (transitive) To steal from, especially using force or violence
- He robbed three banks before he was caught.
- (transitive) (used with of) To deprive (of).
- Working all day robs me of any energy to go out in the evening.
- (intransitive) To commit robbery.
- Dutch: roven(nl)
- French: voler(fr)
- German: rauben(de)
- Italian: derubare(it)
- Spanish: robar(es)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rob for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.