Etymology: From rip + -er, originated 1605 " 15.
- Something that rips (something).
- Someone who rips (something).
- A legislative bill or act that transfers powers of appointment from the usual holders to a chief executive or a board of officials.
- A murderer who kills and often mutilation, mutilates victims with a blade or similar sharp weapon.
- (context, mining) A hook-like tool used to tear away ore, rock, etc.
- (context, UK, slang) Something that is an excellent example of its kind.
- (computing) software, Software that extracts content from files or storage media.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ripper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.