- Verse, poetry.
- nursery rhyme
- (uncountable) The fact of rhyming.
- A word that rhymes with another.
- "Awake" is a rhyme for "lake".
verb (rhymes, rhyming, rhymed)
- German: Reim
- Spanish: rima
- (italbrac, transitive, followed by with) Of a word, to be pronounced identically with another from the vowel in its stressed syllable to the end.
- "Creation" rhymes with "integration".
- (italbrac, reciprocal) Of two or more words, to be pronounced identically from the vowel in the stressed syllable of each to the end of each.
- "Mug" and "rug" rhyme.
- "India" and "windier" rhyme with each other in non-rhotic accents.
Etymology: ryme, rime, from rime.
- German: sich reimen
- French: vers mpl, rime , rimer vi
- Italian: rima , rimare vi
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rhyme for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.