- A calculus that forms in the nasal cavity.
Etymology: Combination of rhino-, from (term, sc=Grek, á, tr=rhis, , nose), + -lith, from (term, tr=lithos, , , stone, lang=el).
- 1889, Clinic of the Month, The Practitioner, vol. 42, page 242
- : Dr. J. Middlemas Hunt " describes a case of . ". This proved to be a small nasal calculus, weighing seven grains, and consisting mostly of sequestrum of bone.
- 2002, Gary R. Strange, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, page 467
- : A is a mineralized nasal foreign body.
- 2004, G. H. Quay, A Monograph of Diseases of Nose and Throat, page 83
- : Or the nucleus of a may be a hardened piece of mucus ". The symptoms produced by a are the same as those caused by any other foreign object ".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for rhinolith for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.