- The act of arise, arising from the dead, id est becoming alive again.
- (Christianity) The Resurrection: The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- (Christianity) A self-referential term for Jesus Christ
- Jesus said unto her, I am the , and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: - John 11:25''
Etymology: From resurrectiun, from resurrection (French: résurrection), from resurrectionem (nominative of resurrectio) from resurgere, "to rise again", from re-Latin, re-, "again", + surgere, "to rise".
- German: Wiederauferstehung
- Italian: resurrezione
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for resurrection for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.