- A flying back; resilience.
- That which results; the conclusion or end to which any course or condition of things leads, or which is obtained by any process or operation; consequence or effect; as, the result of a course of action; the result of a mathematical operation.
- The decision or determination of a council or deliberative assembly; a resolve; a decree.
- Dutch: resultaat(nl)n
- French: résultat(fr)m
- German: Resultat , Ergebnis
- Spanish: resultado(es)m
- To leap back; to rebound.
- To come out, or have an issue; to terminate; to have consequences; -- followed by in; as, this measure will result in good or in evil.
- To proceed, spring, or rise, as a consequence, from facts, arguments, premises, combination of circumstances, consultation, thought, or endeavor.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for result for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.