noun (plural: remembrances)
- The act of remembering; a holding in mind, or bringing to mind; recollection.
- Lest fierce remembrance wake my sudden rage. Milton.
- Lest the remembrance of his grief should fail. Addison.
- The state of being remembered, or held in mind; memory; recollection.
- This, ever grateful, in remembrance bear. Pope.
- Something remembered; a person or thing kept in memory. Shak.
- That which serves to keep in or bring to mind; a memorial; a token; a memento; a souvenir; a memorandum or note of something to be remembered.
- And on his breast a bloody cross he bore, The dear remembrance of his dying Lord. Spenser.
- Keep this remembrance for thy Julia's sake. Shak.
- Something to be remembered; counsel; admonition; instruction. Obs. Shak.
- Power of remembering; reach of personal knowledge; period over which one's memory extends.
- Thee I have heard relating what was done Ere my remembrance. Milton.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for remembrance for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.